The objective of the Mary Salmond Trust is to provide financial assistance to individuals and organisations in North East Scotland, which is defined as the local government area of Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen and Moray for:
* The advancement of community development, in particular rural or urban regeneration.
* Organisations and young people by supporting, promoting and developing children and young people’s health, welfare, training, education, civic responsibility and volunteering for the public benefit
* Any other purpose that may reasonably be regarded as analogous to either of the preceding purposes.
Maximum grant available - £500
What the Trust does not support
* Projects which are exclusively or primarily intended to promote political beliefs or political parties
* General appeals and circulars
* Retrospective grants
* Salaries and consultants
What the Trust is unlikely to support
* Projects which are properly the subject of statutory funding
* Feasibility studies and other research
The Trustees meet every three months and applications should be submitted by the end of February, May, August or November.
You are advised to submit your application as soon as it is ready and it would be unusual to have to wait more than three months for a decision. You may, however, be contacted for more information during that period.
Please note, that as with other charitable trusts, The Mary Salmond Trust usually receives more applications than it has funds to support. Even if a project fits within the guidelines and a detailed assessment has been made the Trust may still be unable to make a donation.
Unsuccessful applicants must wait for 6 months after being notified before reapplying Successful applicants must wait for at least 2 years from the time of receiving a grant before reapplying.
Registered Charity Number SC038686