The objective of the Mary Salmond Trust is to provide financial assistance to individuals and organisations in North East Scotland, which is defined as the local government area of Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen and Moray for:
* The advancement of community development, in particular rural or urban regeneration.
* Organisations and young people by supporting, promoting and developing children and young people’s health, welfare, training, education, civic responsibility and volunteering for the public benefit
* Any other purpose that may reasonably be regarded as analogous to either of the preceding purposes.
Maximum grant available - £500
What the Trust does not support
* Projects which are exclusively or primarily intended to promote political beliefs or political parties
* General appeals and circulars
* Retrospective grants
* Salaries, cost of Consultants, Tuition Fees and General Expenses
* Capital Projects
What the Trust is unlikely to support
* Projects which are properly the subject of statutory funding
* Feasibility studies and other research
The Trustees normally meet every three months. Applications should be submitted by 31 January, 30 April, 31 July or 31October to be considered for the , February, May, August or November meeting. Applications received after these dates will be considered at the following Trustee meeting.
You are advised to submit your application as soon as it is ready and it would be unusual to have to wait one month for a decision.
Please note, that as with other charitable trusts, The Mary Salmond Trust usually receives more applications than it has funds to support. Even if a project fits within the guidelines and a detailed assessment has been made the Trust may still be unable to make a donation.
Unsuccessful applicants must wait for 6 months after being notified before reapplying. Successful applicants must wait for at least 2 years from the time of receiving a grant before reapplying. Applications must state if a previous grant was awarded, the amount of the award and provide a report on the project for which the grant was received.
Registered Charity Number SC038686